If you work a lot in the kitchen, it’s important to manage the smells that come from different foods and spices when cooking. The best air purifier for kitchen smells will ensure your kitchen stays odor-free and fresh.
The smell coming from your kitchen can at times be overwhelming, especially when the smells mix from the various foods, leftovers, and strong spices. That’s why it’s not only important to keep your kitchen clean for the sake of your health and sanitation, but also for your family, guests, and even employees.
The kitchen is one of the many places in your home that generate lots of odor and pollutants from all the cooking, waste material, and cleaning of the dishes. This means that there are high chances of mold developing in various corners around your kitchen. This can cause bad smells and pollution from germs and bacteria in the atmosphere. Toxins that come from the open flames of your gas stove also add to the pollution in the air.
There are various methods you can use to prevent or get rid of the kitchen odors and harmful toxins from your gas stove. Some people use scented candles or sprays. But these only add pollutants to the air instead of removing them.
How To Get Rid Of Kitchen Odors
Use a hood fan
Correctly positioned, an exhaust fan provides the first line of defense when dealing with unwanted cooking smells. It pulls up and out of the house all cooking odors and combustion by-products, and traps grease particles. The filters in the exhaust fan should be washed or changed regularly, especially if you like cooking fragrant meals. If you don’t have or can’t install an exhaust fan, get a window fan or just keep your windows open.
Clean dishes and cooking pots immediately
Cleaning your utensils immediately after you complete cooking helps to avoid accumulated smells. (It’s also just a good habit!) Also immediately after cooking, wipe your stove, countertops, and all greasy cooking pots after they’ve cooled down to touch. If there is any leftover food, store it in airtight plastic containers in the fridge.
Close the bedroom and closet doors when cooking
This will help keep the smells from getting into your bedding. Fabric easily absorbs odors and grease which can make it hard to clean. By closing the doors you keep the smell out of your bedroom. Because most modern houses have a kitchen door that can be closed at the hallway, it becomes very easy to separate most of the house from the smells in the kitchen.
Eliminate the cooking smell at the source
Some foods create a lingering smell after cooking, like fried and spicy foods. Things like beans, slow-roasted meat, salads, seeds and nuts, and other whole foods don’t leave a lingering odor. However, for foods that have lingering odors, you can set up a hotplate or electric skillet outdoors on your patio and let the odors drift with the wind.
Invest in the best air purifier for kitchen smells
A good air purifier designed to remove cooking odors will help to filter all odors, smells, smoke, and dust in your kitchen. You first need to know the type of pollutants you’re removing. This will help you choose the right air filter. The process of cooking food releases molecules in the air that comprise of gases, vapor, and other tiny particles. The main cooking odor is in the form of a sticky substance that you can find on your walls, countertops, and furniture, and continues to release the odor for a long time.
Your gas stove also releases combustion by-products in the form of gases like carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, and particles. To effectively remove all the air pollutants that are produced during cooking, you need a high-quality air filter that can remove both gases and particles. Some air purifiers use activated carbon to eliminate all odors and gases through absorption. Toxic gases attach themselves to the carbon.
While carbon is good at removing the gases, it doesn’t eliminate the components of the odor. The best way to get rid of both the gases and odor is to get an air purifier that has an effective method of removing particles at the same time eliminating gases.
Advantages Of Using A Kitchen Odor Purifier
Here are some of the benefits you get from using an air purifier to remove kitchen odor.
- It helps to remove any mold or mildew in your kitchen.
- Having clean air in your kitchen has a positive impact on your guests.
- You don’t get turned off by the smell when you’re cooking.
- The food doesn’t change taste or get contaminated.
Reviews: Comparison Table For The Best Air Purifier For Kitchen Smells
Type of Filter
Check on Amazon
True HEPA and carbon filter
True HEPA and carbon filter
HEPA pure, silver, Freshplus, or Odorcell filters and carbon filter
BioGS HEPA filter, customized filter, and carbon filter
True HEPA and carbon filter
True HEPA and carbon filter
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Smokers Allergies and Pets Hair, True HEPA & High Efficiency Carbon Filter, Filtration System Cleaner, Eliminates Smoke Odor Dust Mold, Quiet in Bedroom Office, LV-H132
$68.39 in stock
4 used from $ 61.34
- Designed in California. The UVC Light and Anion that other Brands adopt to purify air could produce a kind of air pollutant-Ozone, which is especially harmful for the children and Asthma sufferers. Levoit air purifiers never use these for 100% Ozone free
- Advanced 3-Stage Filtration System: The Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter, and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, mold, odor and large dust particles, in addition to removing 99.97% of airborne contaminants as small as 0.3 microns. The 3-in-1 filtration system effectively improves indoor air quality so you can enjoy fresh air at home
- Ultra-Silent Operation: Filters the air with the lowest noise level as quiet as 25dB for a restful and soothing indoor environment, helping you sleep deeply
- High-Efficiency Air Purifier: Circulates room air over 4 times per hour to achieve rapid purification. Unique size and contemporary design make the Levoit air purifier suitable for small or medium-sized rooms, like offices and dorms
- Night Light: Choose between two brightness settings at night to help you see in the evening or turn the light off entirely to create your ideal sleep environment for an undisturbed slumber
Levoit LV-H132 is a simple air purifier that is very effective in getting the job done. It comes with easy-to-use features. The upgraded motor is stable and efficient to purify the air in your living room, bedroom, or office. It uses the 3-stage filtration system that ensures that 99.9% of the airborne pollutants like dust, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, smoke, and odor are completely eliminated from the air in your room. It’s 100% ozone-free which means it doesn’t use ions or UV-C light to purify the air. That makes this air purifier child- and asthma-friendly.
It filters the air with the lowest noise possible outside of absolute silence. The gentle white noise helps you to relax and sleep soundly as it purifies your air. The smart filter change reminder reminds you when it’s time to change the filters depending on the use and air quality. It has very affordable filters. The night light comes with 2 brightness settings that you can turn off at night if it will interfere with your sleep. It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Very affordable price
- It operates quietly through the night
- Excellent customer support
- Gives you very clean and fresh air
- You don’t need to change the filters frequently
- Some users complain of a burning smell
- Short warranty
A simple air purifier that gets your air clean quietly as you sleep and ensures there are no pollutants that can trigger any allergies. It’s safe to use even around children and people with asthma.
Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 sq. Ft, HPA300, Extra-Large Room, Black
$199.00 in stock
2 used from $ 183.08
- EXTRA LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER: Recommended for extra large rooms (465 square feet) this True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier helps capture up to 99.97 percent of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns
- TURBO CLEAN: With 3 air cleaning levels plus a Turbo Clean setting, this air purifier helps remove particles like pet dander, pollen, dust, mold & smoke; It also helps capture certain germs & reduce odors
- HONEYWELL AIR PURIFIERS: Our air purifiers help remove allergens, dust & odors; If you have allergies, pets or stale indoor air, air purifiers help remove airborne particles & help improve air quality
- FILTER & CIRCULATE: Honeywell Air Purifiers filter & circulate air in the stated room size up to 5 times an hour; Breathe easy knowing the air in your home is fresher & cleaner with fewer allergens
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Improve your air quality & neutralize odors for a clean & healthy breathing experience year round with Honeywell replacement filters for air cleaners & purifiers
Honeywell HPA300 is suitable for purifying the air in extra-large rooms that are about 465 square feet. It uses a true HEPA filter and activated carbon pre-filters to capture large particles and absorb gases and odors. This true HEPA filter air purifier captures dust, mold spores, pollen, tobacco smoke, bacteria, pet dander, viruses, and other pollutants.
This improves the quality of the air you breathe and reduces the chances of your allergies acting up. The filters in this air purifier circulate air in the room up to 5 times an hour, which makes sure the air in your home is clean and fresh with fewer allergens in the air. It helps to improve the quality of the air in your home or office and neutralizes all odors, ensuring that you breathe clean and healthy air.
- Purifiers the air in large rooms
- Effective at reducing the dust in the air and on your furniture
- Good for people with allergies
- The 2 filters are efficient in keeping your air clean and fresh
- It’s difficult to replace the filters
An air purifier that can clean the air in very large rooms. With the help of the true HEPA filter and the activated carbon filter, the quality of the air you breathe is cleaner and better. It helps people with allergies by making sure the air you breathe has fewer allergens.
Alen BreatheSmart-Pure Air Purfier, Allergies & Dust, White
1 used from $ 487.62
- YOU'LL RECEIVE: 1 Breathe Smart Classic Air Purifier, 1 HEPA-Pure filter best for removing allergens, pet dander, and dust
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Diverse panel options that fit seamlessly into your home, no matter your style
- POWERFUL COVERAGE: Breathe Smart Classic is perfect for family rooms and other large, open-concept spaces up to 1100 SqFt
- RESTFUL SLEEP: Generates soothing white, pink, red noise that gently masks disruptive sounds for a peaceful night's sleep
- PURE AIR FOR LIFE: We understand things happen, which is why Alen offers the industry's first and only Lifetime
Alen BreatheSmart air purifier has a modern, stylish look with smart sensors and a display panel with features you can easily understand. It can purify the air in large rooms, and a handy handle makes it portable. The ionizer is ozone free, and produces negative ions that trap the particles in the HEPA filter and safely neutralize them. This air purifier can run without making much noise with the help of WhisperMax technology. A lights-off mode ensures your sleep isn’t disturbed.
It cleans out the dust, mold, pet odor, fumes, smoke, and germs to ensure that every breath you take is full of clean air. This air purifier is suitable for people with asthma. The HEPA filter can be upgraded with 4 unique HEPA type filters to make it more efficient in removing odors, smoke, pet dander, airborne allergens, bacteria, fumes, or pet odor. The smart sensors monitor the air quality in your rooms and adjust the fan speed if it detects any pollutants in the air.
- Has a stylish and sleek design
- Cleans the air in a wide area
- The smart sensors make it easier to run the machine
- Suitable for people with allergies
- It’s a bit pricey
A stylish and modern-looking air purifier that uses smart sensors to make your work easier. It uses upgraded technology to ensure that the air you breathe is clean and fresh all the time. It’s also very quiet so you can sleep with it on with no disruptions during the night.
RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier w/WiFi (SPA-780N, Black, Odor Remover)
1 used from $ 527.79
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- Connect to your WiFi network and control from anywhere with the Rabbit Air App
- Odor Remover customized filter: Traps and reduces odors from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking and mildew.
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 815 sq. ft.
This Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier comes with WiFi capabilities that allows you to monitor the quality of air in your rooms from anywhere, provided you’re connected to WiFi. It also helps you to set the daily schedule for purifying the air in your home. With the help of the app, you can access your account and order replacement filters and even monitor other air purifiers. It uses an advanced HEPA filtration system that includes 6 stages of purifying and neutralizing odors, to improve efficiency.
While the true HEPA filter traps allergens and large particles that accumulate on the filter and interfere with its efficiency, the BioGS HEPA filter first traps the allergens and particles then reduces the common allergens, growth of bacteria, and viruses trapped in the filter which prolongs the life of the filter. It also uses customized filters to remove odor, absorb toxins, help with pet allergies, and reduce germs, while the activated carbon filter reduces household and chemical odors. This air purifier is ultra-quiet on all five settings, and the light sensor automatically changes to sleep mode when it’s dark in the room. You can either mount it on the wall or leave it standing.
- Purifies the air over a wide area
- You can access it through a mobile app connected to WiFi
- Comes with a long warranty
- The advanced filters ensure the air you breathe is free of bacteria
- Comes with a long warranty
- It’s pricey
- Doesn’t clear harsh odors
- The replacement filters are expensive
A high tech air purifier that you operate and monitor using a mobile app in your phone no matter where you are. It comes with advanced filters with increased efficiency and lifespan.
Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Home, Office, Large Rooms, Filters Allergies, Pollen, Smoke, Dust, Pet Dander, UVC Sanitizer Eliminates Germs, Mold, Odors, Quiet 28 inch 4-in-1 AC5350B
$139.99 in stock
1 used from $ 103.49
- 4 IN1 AIR PURIFIER : True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97 percent of harmful dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air ; Input Voltage: AC120 Volt ; 60 Hertz
- KILLS GERMS : UV C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS : Pre filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS : Activated charcoal filter helps reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- QUIET MODE : Ultra quiet sleep mode with a programmable timer helps you get a good night?s rest with cleaner air
Germ Guardian AC5350B is a true HEPA air filter that is perfect for improving your air quality indoors and for people with allergies. It uses the HEPA filter to trap allergens and other particles while the activated carbon filter eliminates all odors in the room. UVC light technology uses titanium dioxide to eliminate viruses, germs, airborne bacteria, and mold spores.
It has an easy to use digital display panel where you can set the hourly timer depending on how long you want the machine to operate. The filter change indicator will automatically alert you when it’s time to change the filters. You can order from the company to make sure they are the correct filters. This air purifier comes with a generous 5-year warranty and is Energy Star certified, which helps to reduce your electricity expenses.
- Suitable for people with allergies
- Operates quietly
- Keeps the air you breathe free of dust, dirt, and other pollutants
- It’s aesthetically pleasing
- Saves energy, reducing your electricity bill
- It’s a bit pricey
- Covers a small area
An odor-eliminating air purifier that ensures the air you breathe is free of allergens, large particles, and odor, thanks to the HEPA and carbon filters. It’s good at preserving energy so that it doesn’t use up a lot of electricity. Although it covers a small area, it ensures that the air in your home is fresh, clean, and odor-free.
Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Home, Office, Bedrooms, Filters Allergies, Pollen, Smoke, Dust, Pet Dander, UV-C Sanitizer Eliminates Germs, Mold, Odors, Quiet 22 inch 3-in-1 AC4825
$84.99 in stock
3 used from $ 74.75
- 3 IN 1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97percentage of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS UV C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS Pre filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- QUIET OPERATION The lowest setting can be used as gentle white noise at night for a quiet, restful sleep
This Germ Guardian AC4825 air purifier can clean the air in medium and large rooms. It’s a compact and lightweight machine that you can place in your living room next to your couch. It improves the quality of your indoor air from the moment you plug it in and conserves energy so it doesn’t add to your electricity expenses. It’s AHAM certified, which means it has been independently tested and shown to be able to effective in removing dust, cigarette smoke, and pollen from the air.
It uses a HEPA filter and activated carbon filter to trap large particles and allergens and eliminate pet, smoke, and cooking odors in the room. The UVC light contains titanium dioxide that helps to reduce the airborne germs, viruses, bacteria, and mold spores to make it easier for you to breathe clean and healthy air.
- A very good filtration system
- Has a sleek and stylish design
- It filters the common allergens and odors
- It’s a great energy saver that is certified
- The HEPA filters are expensive to replace
- Complaints of a strong burning plastic smell
This stylish air purifier is a true HEPA filter that ensures the air you breathe is clean and fresh free of allergens and odors. It runs quietly throughout the night.
For you to effectively get rid of unpleasant smells in your kitchen, you should consider getting a best air purifier for kitchen smells like the Levoit LV-H132 air purifier. This purifier is simple yet very useful in ensuring that your home smells clean and fresh. It’s a small machine but very effective in purifying your air and operates quietly even at night to ensure quality indoor air.