Welcome to our article on Honeywell air purifier reviews!
When it comes to the business of buying an air purifier, you do not want to be stuck with a purchase that you regret – you want to buy the best one possible. Fortunately, there are many brands out there that offer good quality purifiers, and Honeywell happens to be one of them.
You might be wondering why, but the consistently positive Honeywell air purifier reviews from allergists show the company is very familiar with the needs of its customers. Instead of forcing people to rely on one or two products to alleviate the discomfort they get from allergies and asthma, they make a wide variety of products instead, which will satisfy a wide range of needs.
Regardless of the specific air purifier you choose from the company, you will find beneficial features that improve the overall quality of air in your home, thanks to superior technology.
What To Expect From Honeywell Air Purifiers
Honeywell Compact AirGenius 4 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer
$114.99 in stock
4 used from $ 96.28
- 4 Air Cleaning Levels: Sleep, General Clean, Allergen and Max, Dimensions:18.89 inches H x 7.75 inches W x 8.26 inches D
- Electronic Filter Check reminder light, Room Size Range: 100-300 sq. ft
- Automatic Shut-off Timer - 2, 4,or 8 hours
- Quiet Operation with On/Off Oscillation
- To ensure stated product performance, use only Genuine Honeywell Replacement Filters.
Founded in 1906 and a Fortune 100 Company, they are widely known for their incorporation of powerful fans that are simple in design. There are some models that are on the high-end side of the market, but the general consensus is that many of their purifiers cater to middle-range and budget buyers.
Honeywell air purifiers come in several series of brands, not just one. Therefore, what you decide to buy will eventually depend on your needs. These include:
This is the latest series that the company has produced, and they revolve around two aspects: the ability of the filter to capture up to 99.9% of allergens, and the stylish tower design that can fit well anywhere in your home. The most common one is the AirGenius 4.
Allergen Remover series
These are the best choices for handling any room, regardless of how large or small it is. They also come at a reasonable cost, so they are a valid choice if you happen to be on a budget as well. The most commonly used model is the HRF-R3, which uses True HEPA filtration system.
The latest series of filters from the company are in a vertical format, which takes up less space than the wider purifiers that were a staple of the market in years past – an example being the HPA 160 HEPA tower, which covers 170 square feet.
Honeywell Air Purifier Reviews: Key Features
Even though these air purifiers started with quite a high price at the beginning, this gradually reduced over the years – and that has made them quite an attractive choice for people who need a reliable air cleaning system without paying too much for it. Most models, as we mentioned earlier, are great for budget users, although there are certain types that will exclusively cater to the high-end side of the market.
Their models use true HEPA filters, which is great because that will guarantee you cleaner air and great performance. There is good news if you want advanced filtering options:
- Pre-filter – this section contains activated carbon. That means that it will absorb gaseous pollutants, such as VOCs, odors, and so on, and even trap larger particles in some instances. However, take note that you will need to replace the pre-filter after three months for it to remain effective.
- True HEPA filter – this takes care of all the particles that escape from the pre-filter, and it is considered to be the heart of the entire system. It can trap up to 99.97% of pollutants, even those as small as 0.3 microns. These include mold spores, pet dander, bacteria, viruses, and pollen. You can also allow it to run for up to a year before replacing it, but this will also depend on the specific instructions in the specific model.
This will entirely depend on the specifics of the model. Some are meant for use in large rooms, others small ones, and some can do both. For instance, the Honeywell HPA300 is exclusively for larger spaces. It can cover a minimum of 465 square feet of a room comfortably. On the other hand, some models such as Honeywell 50250 can only deal with a room that is 390 square feet at its maximum. (Don’t worry, the smaller capacity models are also cheaper.)
Regardless of the model you choose, you can be assured that the purification system is quite powerful, as evidenced by the ACH rating. In order to get the high ratings, the design of the entire system takes a classic approach. This encourages the maximum utilization of its fan.
For instance, the CADR rating of the Honeywell HPA300 is 300 Pollen, 320 Dust, and 300 Smoke (cfm). This informs you how efficiently it can clean the air in your room. It is quite a good fit for a large-sized room.
You might be wondering whether the great aspects of these air purifiers lead them to use a lot of energy and raise your power bill considerably. You want the system to be as efficient as possible.
Honeywell purifiers will have a higher average power consumption compared to other filters. However, this will again depend on the model. If you are buying the ones that cater for larger rooms, they will consume more energy compared to budget-friendly Honeywell purifiers such as the AirGenius series.
In contrast to the other air purifier brands, you will rarely find Smart Sensor features in many Honeywell devices, especially the older devices. Instead, basic features like timers will be present. Turbo mode is the highest in efficiency. The newer models will have the Smart Sensor feature, such as the Honeywell HPA250B.
- The systems are quiet in their operation, so you can operate them even throughout the night
- They are affordable, depending on the specific filter you are going for
- Very efficient, despite the size of the room
- There are certain models that have a defective front cover door
Honeywell Air Purifier Reviews: Final Thoughts
Honeywell air purifiers are good options to consider if you want some great deals. But keep the power consumption, noise levels, and the filter replacement costs in mind – these will vary between models. They also have plenty of budget-friendly options.