Are you looking for the best air purifier for mold? If you have a problem with mold in your house or if you have an allergy to mold spores, you will want to get rid of them quickly and easily. The best air purifier for mold will help you clean the air of any toxins in your home and make it easier to breathe.
How Exposure To Mold Can Affect Your Health
Not everyone has an allergy to mold and mildew. Those who do, however, will notice things like coughing, stuffy nose, wheezing, and irritated throat as some of the common symptoms. Some people don’t get an allergic reaction to mold, but this doesn’t mean it’s not harmful to your health. Exposure to indoor mold can cause problems to your upper respiratory system, wheezing, and coughing in a healthy person. It can also lead to the development of asthma in children if exposed early to mold.
The potent toxins produced by indoor mold and mildew are not only absorbed by your lungs, but also your skin and intestines. Long-term exposure can lead to serious problems to your health that include memory loss, cancer, cardiac conditions, neurotoxicity, etc.
Mold can become a very huge problem very fast because it reproduces to millions of tiny spores that can survive where visible mold can’t. Once these spores land on a surface, they begin to grow, which causes serious health problems. Different types of mold outside can enter your home very easily through the vents, doors, windows, or by attaching themselves on your clothes.
That’s why it’s important to use the best air purifier for mold to control this problem. An air purifier will get rid of all kinds of mold and improve the quality of your life.
Key Features To Look For In The Best Air Purifier For Mold
Speed or cleaning levels
An air purifier with different fan speeds is very helpful because it can control the air circulation in a particular room. Mold is most prevalent during the cold and damp months. This is the best time to increase the speed of the fans to the highest level to thoroughly clean the air. During warmer days, you can turn the fan speed down since it’s easy to naturally ventilate your home by opening the windows and letting the sun in. Some air purifiers come with a smart sensor that changes the fan speed if the quality of air changes.
Look for an air purifier that has at least two stages of filtration. It should also have a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter to make sure that it captures the mold spores in the air together with their odor.
Different air purifiers can cater to different room sizes. For example, some models can handle a 400-square foot room, while another can handle a 1000-square foot room. It all depends on the size of the room you need to purify. It could be a small, medium, or a large room or office space. Ensure you get the right air purifier for the job.
The automatic mode in the air purifier enables the machine to assess the quality of air in the room. If it senses a change like the presence of smoke, impurities, or odors, it increases the speed of the fans to clean the air. This means you don’t have to manually adjust the machine every time you notice a change in the air you’re breathing. The purifier will do that for you.
Noise and lights
Some air purifiers can be very noisy with lots of lights, while others are a bit quieter. This may not be a very important point as far as the best air purifier for mold is concerned, but it’s worth noting if you get irritated by noise and bright lights.
The HEPA filter can capture the tiniest mold spores in the air which makes it very efficient in getting rid of your mold spore problem. You will find air purifiers with true HEPA filters, others with the HEPA style filters, and others with HEPA grade filters. It’s best to find an air purifier with a true HEPA filter. If you have budget constraints, get one with the HEPA grade filter.
The mold spores die once sucked into the HEPA filter because it’s a dry and sterile environment that isn’t conducive for their survival. Also, look for purifiers with antimicrobial filters that will help kill the mold spores in damp environments and an activated carbon filter to help clear the air of the moldy and misty odor.
Review: Comparison Table For The Best Air Purifier For Mold
Check on Amazon
300-600 square feet
360 square feet
1100 square feet
200 square feet
360 square feet
500 square feet
AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier Mold, Odors, Dust, Smoke, Allergens and Germs with True HEPA Filter and 4-Stage Purification
$286.54 in stock
8 used from $ 158.65
- Air purifier features true HEPA filter with aerasafe antimicrobial treatment and carbon filter for four-stage filtration process that captures 99.97% of airborne particles
- An odor Eliminator that also captures mold, dust, germs and smoke-ideal for allergy and asthma sufferers. Filter type: carbon. True HEPA with aerasafe antimicrobial treatment
- Automatic air purifier performance with aerasmart sensor that monitors the Air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air purified
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly by the asthma and allergy foundation of America
- Recommended for Large sized rooms from 300 to 600 square feet. Power supply AC 120V/60Hz
AeraMax 300 is an air purifier that reduces odor in rooms that are 300-600 square feet. It helps to reduce allergies, asthma, and flu with the help of a true HEPA filter that has an antimicrobial treatment. This captures most of the microspores in the air including pollen, mold spores, viruses, germs, smoke, and dust mites. Carbon filters help to capture the large particles and get rid of the household odors, cooking smells, and cigarette smoke. The AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment kills all the fungi, mildew, and odor-causing bacteria, ensuring that the air you breathe is safe whether in your home or office.
This air purifier uses plasmatrue technology with ionized fields to ensure that all the airborne pollutants are safely removed, purifying the air around you quickly. The filter change indicator will alert you when it’s time to change the filters by displaying a red light. You can use the manual mode to manually set the fan speed, or AeraSmart sensor will automatically adjust the fan speed if it detects any pollutants in the air. The AeraMax 300 is certified an asthma- and allergy-friendly air purifier. Its high-performance mode will come in handy especially during the cold, allergy, and flu seasons.
- Very effective in cleaning the air of cigarette smoke
- It’s easy to replace the filters
- The carbon filter captures all the odors and smells and keeps the air clean
- The auto mode has great senses to ensure maximum air purification
- The ionizer makes a loud noise, but you can turn it off
- The bright blue light can be annoying
A very effective air purifier that is ideal for large rooms. It’s especially good if you have allergies or asthma during the cold season. The HEPA filter and carbon filter will ensure the air you breathe is properly purified of any germs, pollen, mold spores, viruses, smoke, or odors.
Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, PlasmaWave and Odor Reducing Carbon Filter
$129.99 in stock
5 used from $ 118.97
- True-HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- 3 Stage cleaning, removes a range of allergens: dust, cigarette smoke, pollen, odors, pet dander, mold spores and organic chemicals. CFM (Sleep / Low / Med / High / Turbo) : 35.31 / 70.63 / 91.82 / 123.60 / 240.14
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants - with no harmful ozone
- Delivered air flow :236 CFM, decibels : 27.8 . Smart Sensor gauges the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night-time operation
- No remote control . CADR rated for 360 sq. ft. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, baby nurseries and offices
Winix 5300-2 is a 3-stage air purifier suitable for a room with up to 360-square feet. You can place it in your living room, bedroom, or kitchen to remove all the contaminants in the air. It uses a true HEPA filter to capture the airborne pollutants, mold spores, dust mites, pet dander, smoke, and microbes. The carbon filter takes care of household odors like pets, smoke, and cooking, which helps to increase the life of the HEPA filter.
The PlasmaWave technology helps to safely neutralize the gases and odors without harming the environment. Smart sensors are air quality indicators that monitor the quality of air indoors. An LED light lets you know if it detects any changes. This triggers an increase in the fan speed to quickly clean the air in the room. When you need to change the HEPA or carbon filter, the filter replacement indicator will alert you. The best part about this air purifier is it can work quietly even when on turbo mode.
- Very easy to replace the filters
- The sleep mode will automatically adjust the fan speed according to the daylight in the room
- Keeps the air very clean
- It’s not very noisy
- Isn’t suitable for large rooms
- The indicating lights are very bright
An air purifier suitable for cleaning the air in large rooms and get rid of airborne pollutants with the help of 4 fan speeds and a 3-stage purification process.
Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Silver Filter to Remove Allergies, Mold & Bacteria (White, Silver, 1-Pack)
- BIG ROOMS? NO BIG DEAL ~ Developed from the minds (and smarts) of NASA airflow engineers, the BreatheSmart Classic cleans 1100 SqFt every 30 minutes. Capable of tackling the largest spaces in your home, our WhisperMax technology makes us twice as quiet as key competitors on Turbo speed.
- RECOMMENDED FOR ~ Allergies, Dust, Mold, Bacteria, Light Odors & Chemicals. Our HEPA-Silver filter is coated with an antimicrobial compound that inhibits growth of bacteria and fungi. Also equipped with 1.5 lbs of activated carbon to absorb harmful particles such as smoke, household chemicals, and more.
- INTUITIVE INTELLIGENCE ~ Our Laser Smart Sensor detects airborne particles down to 0.3 microns and the Air Quality Indicator Light reflects your room's air quality in real time. In Auto-Mode, BreatheSmart self-adjusts its fan speed to address your ever-changing indoor environment. Sit back and breathe easy. We've got this.
- BEAUTY MEETS BRAINS ~ 14 versatile designer panels to suit multiple tastes and decors. We're the only air purifier that looks right at home.
- GUARANTEED. FOREVER. ~ Our guarantee is unmatched by any other air purifier company. Period. For lifetime peace of mind.
Alen BreatheSmart is a stylish air purifier that uses 4 different HEPA-grade filters. These include HEPA silver, which is very effective in getting rid of mold spores. It’s specifically designed for large rooms like your office to keep your air clean of any germs, mold, dust, fumes, pet odor, or other pollutants. This powerful air purifier uses 4 HEPA-type filters to remove 99.9% of the particles in the air you breathe. The HEPA pure filter consists of many layers to take care of allergy-causing pollutants like pollen, dust, hair, dander, or dust mites.
This is the base filter layer that traps all the large particles and airborne irritants that cause congestion and seasonal allergies. The HEPA silver filter has 4 layers of protection to help keep your air cleaner, fresher, and easier to breathe. It traps and kills all mold spores and bacteria, while the carbon layer neutralizes the smells and odor in the room. It comes with a WhisperMax technology that helps the air purifier run with limited noise as it cleans your air. The auto mode settings adjust the fan speed when there is a need to purify the air while still conserving energy even on turbo settings.
- You can choose the filter you want to use
- It has very quiet fans
- Has a sleek design
- Effective in removing strong smells and dog odor
- It’s great for people with allergies, colds, and flu
- You need to frequently change the filters
This is a powerful air purifier that gives you a choice between 4 different HEPA filters you can use to clean and purify the air of any contaminants in the room. It helps to get rid of mold and mildew while killing airborne germs and bacteria.
Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier - 3 Speeds Plus UV-C Air Sanitizer - Eliminates Dust, Pollen, Smoke, Household Odors and More - with Whisper-Quiet Operation and Auto Off Timer
2 used from $ 67.86
- PURIFIES THE AIR: True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, mold spores, and household odors.
- DESTROYS GERMS & BACTERIA: UV-C light safely destroys micro-organisms such as germs, viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
- WHISPER-QUIET OPERATION: With a noise level at just 30dB, Pure Zone silently sanitizes the air for easier breathing and more restful sleep.
- EASY & EFFICIENT OPERATION: Sets up in seconds for immediate use out of the box and features an optional automatic timer that shuts off the unit after 2, 4, or 8 hours of continuous use to promote energy efficiency
- WHAT YOU GET: Air purifier, 3-in-1 HEPA filter, user manual, industry-leading 5 Year Warranty, caring customer support 7 days a week, and the peace of mind that comes from a trusted brand with millions of customers worldwide.
This is a true HEPA filter. Although small in size and budget-friendly, it’s a very powerful air purifier. It uses a 3-stage filtration system that kills all traces of mold spores in the air. The activated carbon pre-filter neutralizes the moldy odors. Meanwhile, the true HEPA filter takes care of capturing mold spores, pet dander, pollen, smoke, dust, and household odors. Then the UVC light safely destroys the bacteria, germs, fungi, and virus to give you cleaner, better, and more breathable air in the room.
The Whisper-quiet technology will keep the purifier working silently as it cleans the air. The automatic timer allows you to set the time you want the air purifier to run before it shuts down, which helps in conserving energy. It has a beautiful, sleek design that comes with a build-in handle, making it easy to move around the rooms. The filter reset indicator alerts you when you need to change the filters. It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Well-built with a sleek design
- Easy to remove and replace the filters
- It has quiet fans
- The timer function helps you set how long the unit should run
- It’s only suitable for small rooms
Although it’s small in size, it’s a powerful air purifier that uses 3 stages of purifying the air in small room to give you clean, fresher, and better air that is free of mold spores, germs, bacteria, household odors, smoke, or other allergens in the air.
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Large Room with True HEPA Filter, Air Cleaner for Allergies and Pets, Smokers, Mold, Pollen, Dust, Quiet Odor Eliminators for Bedroom, Energy Star, Smart Sensor, LV-PUR131
$149.99 in stock
5 used from $ 83.94
- 100% OZONE FREE: Unlike some other brands, Levoit air purifiers are always 100% ozone-free, never using the UV-C light and anion purification methods that cause harm to children and people with asthma
- HIGHER EFFICIENCY FOR LARGE ROOM: With Honeycomb activated carbon filter, True HEPA filter, Pre-filter, the purify efficiency is 30% higher and purify speed is 30% faster than other ordinary air cleaner, air change 4. 5 times per hour for 360 sq. ft. room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- SMART FILTER LIFE: With smart scientific algorithm, our air purifier can calculate the real filter life according to the filter's situation, not just simply define the filter's life with a few months, thus help to save money
- AUTO MODE: With a cutting edge smart sensor, the air purifier can automatically adjust between 3 fan speed settings in response to real-time air quality readings
- QUIET AS RUSTLING LEAVES: Filter the air with a noise level of 27 dB for a restful and soothing indoor environment, helping you sleep deeply
Leviot LV-Pur 131 is a great air purifier suitable for large rooms with a space of 360 square feet. It uses a 3-stage filtration system. The pre-filter that traps the large particles like hair, pet fur, and lint. A true HEPA filter captures all the pollen, airborne bacteria, mold spores, and other allergens that would cause you to have a stuffy nose or congestion. Then the last stage uses the activated carbon filter to get rid of cooking smells and pet or human odors, keeping your air clean and fresh.
The change filter indicator reminds you when the filters need changing. An hourly timer allows you to set a particular time depending on how long you want the unit to purify the air. You can also set the fan speeds manually or choose the automatic mode so that the purifier can adjust the speeds automatically depending on the air quality. It comes with an LED display function that you can turn off. Quiet fans create a soothing indoor environment which also helps you to sleep soundly at night with minimal interruptions. This air purifier doesn’t use UVC light or an ionizer in the purification process, which makes it safe for children and people with asthma.
- It’s energy-efficient
- It does a good job of eliminating dust, smoke, and odor in the air
- Even when the fan is at the highest level it’s quiet
- It’s suitable for people with allergies
- It’s a bit expensive to replace the filters
A very quiet and safe air purifier to have in your home. Suitable for children and people with allergies and asthma since it doesn’t use an ionizer or UV-C light in its purification process. It makes sure the air you breathe is clean and it doesn’t disturb you when you’re asleep.
Alen T500 HEPA Air Purifier, Allergies, Dust, Pet Dander and Odor, Black
$192.47 in stock
- YOU'LL RECEIVE: 1 T500 Air Purifier, 1 HEPA-Odorcell filter best for removing allergies, dust, pet hair, dander, pet odor and diaper odor
- POWERFUL COVERAGE: T500 is perfect for bedrooms, dorms, offices, baby nurseries, and other spaces up to 500 SqFt
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Packs full-size performance into a sleek, compact tower that is Energy Star Certified
- 3 SPEEDS: Provides a gentle and steady tone, and consumes 53 watts on highest speed
- PURE AIR FOR LIFE: We understand things happen, which is why Alen offers the industry's first and only Lifetime Warranty
Alen T500 is a powerful air purifier with a compact and small design that you can place in small rooms like your bedroom, office, or even travel with it. It comes with an easy-to-use operating panel that has an in-built ion feature and other controls that allow you to set the amount of air you want flowing in the room. The light display automatically goes dim when the purifier is inactive. An ozone-safe ion feature produces negative ions that quickly and effectively clean the air of all the larger and tiny particles in the air. This feature can be switched on and off at any time.
The filter indicator signals you when you need to replace the filters. Three fan speed settings ensure that it purifies the air of all dust, pet fur, hair, mold spores, pet odor, pollen, and other pollutants that can cause allergies. The HEPA filter traps both large and tiny particles in the air, while the ionizer attracts all the small particles and safely neutralizes them.
- Fast and effective in cleaning the air
- Very quiet fans
- Replacing the filters is expensive
A small and portable air purifier that you can easily move to any room or even travel with to keep your air clean. It has an ionizer feature that you can turn off when you don’t want to use it and it’s very good at conserving energy when not in use.
When selecting the best air purifier for mold make sure that the features you’re looking for meet your needs. The AeraMax 300 large room air purifier will purify the air you breathe to help reduce your asthma, allergies, colds, and flu so you can rest easy during the wet seasons.